- We start the 2019 Steve McQueen Rally with breakfast at the World famous Petersen Automotive Museum.
- From there our Rally travels the streets of Hollywood, Silverlake, North to La Canada and the Los Angeles Crest Hwy (San Gabriel Mountains) Making our way to the Mount Wilson Observatory, at 5,000 feet with views over Pasadena, Los Angeles, and as far west as Santa Catalina Island.
- The route continues east climbing to an altitude of 7,903 ft at Dawson Saddle making this road one of the highest in Southern California. From here you can see all the way North to Mount Whitney (the highest mountain in the continental United States) and south to San Miguel Island a span of 250 miles.
- Further along we run over the San Andras fault between Big Pines and Wrightwood (Mind the gap) for lunch and meet the boys from Boys Republic where they will be serving you all.
- After stretching your legs, we travel on and cross the old route 66 into the San Bernardino Mountains passing thru Crestline and on to historic Hwy 18 to Lake Arrowhead and The Arrowhead Resort & Spa, where your keys await you. Reception, dinner and getting to know your fellow drivers along with a key note speaker will round out your day.
- After a good night’s sleep and Breakfast were off on the 2nd leg. Back up to highway 18 and the Rim of the World Dr thru the mountain towns of Skyforest, Running Springs, Arrowbear, to Big Bear.
- A stretch of the legs and we continue down the North facing Mountains to the Lucerne Valley.
- Following the wide open roads of the high desert we make our way to the old untouched route 66 down the Cajon pass to where we wave goodbye to the majestic roads we have travelled and on to the easy going freeway to finish at Boys Republic with a sit down lunch prepared and served by the culinary students in their newly constructed culinary kitchen and bistro.